Loftie Set Up
How to set up your new Loftie!
Here is a guide on how to set up your Loftie.
Step 1: PLUG-IN YOUR LOFTIE
The first step is to plug in your Loftie. While Loftie does have an internal battery, it is not meant to run off this battery exclusively—we recommend you use Loftie while plugged in at all times to ensure full functionality. You should hear a little "click" when the USB is plugged into Loftie and you should also be able to gently pull it without it coming unplugged. It should feel secure.
Step 2: CONNECT LOFTIE TO WIFI
Now we’re going to connect your Loftie to your WiFi network. Loftie gets the time from the internet so this step is essential.
1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet.
2. When you see "go to app to set up" on the Loftie, open the app and select “Connect a Loftie to WiFi” towards the bottom of the page.
3. Next, the app will scan for your Loftie. If your Loftie device does not show up, make sure you have Bluetooth set on your phone and scan again (also make sure your Bluetooth permissions are enabled for the Loftie app).
4. After you select your Loftie, select the WiFi network you want to connect to and enter your network password. When entering your password, make sure there are NO EXTRA SPACES at the end of the password or it will result in a "WiFi Connection Failed" message.
5. After you enter your password, wait until you see a SUCCESS message on your Loftie’s screen before pressing NEXT on the app.
6. Now your Loftie will update. Leave Loftie plugged in to do its thing. Loftie may restart a few times over the course of the update; this is expected.
7. After Loftie updates, you should see the correct time on your Loftie and be able to access all content and features. If the time is correct on your Loftie—you are good to go!
Step 3: PAIRING LOFTIE TO THE APP
After you connect Loftie to WiFi, you can pair your Loftie to the app. Pairing your Loftie to the app is entirely optional! All of the functionality is available on the Loftie itself and you do not need the app in order to use Loftie.
To Pair: On the app, press the button that says START PAIRING. Follow the instructions to GET A CODE from your Loftie. (On the Loftie, use the arrow buttons to go to SETTINGS and scroll down to GET A CODE).
When your Loftie displays the code, press NEXT on the app and enter the code in the boxes. After you put in the code you should see your Loftie clock on the app and be able to add and schedule alarms.
If you run into any issues setting up your Loftie, you can also always contact us at [email protected].